Wednesday 7 March 2012

Some more wax paintings







I just wanted to show you guys some of my new wax paintings. These are all pretty miniature (15x15cm). I have tried to make them as textural as possible, building various layers. I start by using a layer of newspaper to build some base texture, then work from there.

I have incorporated some found objects, such as broken necklaces, beads, and stones.

These paintings are currently at The Bessemer Gallery, situated in the Winter Garden, Sheffield. If you want more information, please get in touch with them! They retail at £25 each.

xxx

4 comments:

  1. these are sooooo cool!
    man I miss alevel art, I barely do anything creative anymore, your posts make me want to blow the dust off my old paint sets x
    Serendipity Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad you like them! I used to love studying art for a-levels too :)
      xxx

      Delete
  2. This is SO awesome!!!

    PS. We’ve a $100 Giveaway to Vantage Point Vintage on our blog! Check it out, if you’d like :)

    ox from NYC!
    davie+erica

    LPFashionPhilosophy

    ReplyDelete