Saturday 23 March 2013

Superdrug Coconut Oil

As you can see, I have ridiculously long, thick hair, which tends to be quite wild. As I've recently bleached a streak of my hair, I decided it was time to start putting a little more effort into my hair care regime to keep it looking and feeling healthy! I've also been blow drying my hair a lot more recently, this coupled with the horrendous weather has been really drying so I've been doing a little research into various products to see what will inject a little moisture back into my hair. My blog pal Marta, is a massive advocate of coconut oil, so I thought I would give it a go myself.

Cue some more 'amazing' photography skills. Ha! 


I spied this little pot in Superdrug, and it was pretty cheap so I thought it would be my best bet. The Superdrug website states that it is £2.29, but I'm sure it was less than that when I bought it so perhaps it was on offer that day. It's a fairly small little tub, and some people have complained that it is not filled to the top, however you literally need to use the tiniest amount, otherwise you risk your hair looking overly oily. So please use sparingly! 



The oil is actually solid in formula, you have to chip a little bit out and melt it in your hands before applying to your hair. I like to brush my hair out after showering and apply directly to wet hair before drying. You can also use it on dry skin and as a hair mask, so it really is a multi-purpose product! I'm so so glad that I decided to try this, it makes my hair ridiculously shiny and it smells delicious. Do you guys have any 'wonder' products that you use religiously? 

C xxx

18 comments:

  1. I absolutely love coconut oil, it's amazing for hair and skin! You have gorgeous hair x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm so happy that I've found a good bargain product for a change! xxx

      Delete
  2. Coconut oil is definitely one of em!

    Anything with good oils and protein is a must have for hair :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair is so pretty Carly! And I'm so glad that it is working for you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, thank you lovely lady. Yes, it's absolutely lovely to use, thank you for all of your wonderful suggestions, you're a gem. xxx

      Delete
  4. Carly you have gorgeous long Rapunzel hair! I wish I had curly hair *SIGH*. I always use MoroccanOil but I've never even heard of using coconut oil before! It's so cheap so I'll definitely give it a whirl, even if it's just to make my hair smell goooood. ;)

    Tara
    www.thestylerawr.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw, thank you Tara! No one has ever said that before! I'm sure you will love it, the smell is divine too - I think that was one of my main reasons for buying it! xxx

      Delete
  5. Coconut oil is so amazing ! You have incredible hair too, I am so jealous XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful hair! I might give this coconut oil a go on mine, I hate my curly hair, wish it was long like yours :3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw, thank you Elle! Yes, you should definitely give it a go, it's super lovely. xxx

      Delete
  7. I love your hair! so gorgeous :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair is STUNNING!! I love Superdrugs own brand products. They're always so good, so cheap & BUAV approved!

    PS. Just saw the illustration you did for Jennie at Sailboat. Completely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you lovely! Yes, I'm definitely going to buy more of their products in the future :) Really appreciate your comment! xxx

      Delete
  9. I just can't get coconut oil to work for me :( I LOVE how it smells though so I persevere! It's on offer in Superdrug at the moment for 1.49 so that's why it was cheaper for you :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit of a funny one isn't it, I really have to restrain myself from using too much, because that does make my hair oily. It definitely feels very soft and sleek and I've been using it for a couple of weeks now. I had a bizarre dream about it the other night aha, there were tons and tons of tubs all over Superdrug for 99p. xxx

      Delete