Thursday 14 March 2013

When surrounded by giants...


I'm really happy that I can share this image with all of you today, as this is the first illustration of the new project I'm working on with Karla Powell and Rich Hinton. I know I've mentioned this a lot lately but I'm really excited about it!

Anyway, as I said in my last blog post, we are on the lookout for stories from makeup artists and other creatives who are struggling with self doubt and lack of inspiration. We are then using these stories as the starting point to come up with some inspirational illustrations! Another really important aspect of this project is that all of these stories and illustrations will eventually be compiled into a book with all the proceeds going to a suitable makeup charity, one who helps scar & burn victims hopefully. I think this is a really worthy cause so I'd love for some of you guys to get involved and share your stories. 
If you don't have a story to tell you can still help us out because Karla is currently hosting a competition on her Facebook page to help us choose a name for the project and we need your ideas! Whoever comes up with the name we like the most will win a custom illustration designed by me! 

You can read all about the project here on Karla's Facebook page. 

If you would like to share a story or two, email it over to Rich at this address: wolves_tog@yahoo.com.

I'd really love to know what you all think of this first illustration!

C xxx

6 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love that she's holding the makeup kit and brush. What an awesome idea to donate to charities and share the stories of makeup artists.
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I LOVE your illustrations xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these kind of initiatives and I think makeup is too often seen as a futile world, when it doens't necessarily need to be and it can help so many people. This illustration is perfect for this Carly! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you Marta! That's just how I feel about it too! xxx

      Delete