Thursday 25 April 2013

Artists who inspire me: Danny Roberts.




All artwork belongs to Danny Roberts.

I'm sure many of you will be familiar with the work of Danny Roberts, or will have at least seen it on your online travels! If you don't know about Danny, he runs the blog Igor and AndrĂ© which is filled with his lovely art. Danny is actually one of the first artists I found that inspired me to try fashion illustration in the first place, so I owe a lot to him! I simply love his style, and I feel that it is so easily recognisable nowadays. 
Danny started his blog as a means to track his artistic progress, and if you look through his archives you can really see how his style has grown and evolved. He also writes and illustrates books which tend to have a whimsical fairytale feel and are full of his own unique characters. I just think he's such a great and interesting artist and it's definitely worthwhile spending a couple of hours on his blog. You'll definitely be inspired. 

C xxx

21 comments:

  1. What an amazing technique. The illustrations look real, which is more than I can say about what you usually stumble across nowadays.
    Thanks for sharing!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, thank you so much for introducing me to his work! I especially love the first illustration here, it's gorgeous <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're great aren't they! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Amazing work. It makes me happy for some reason. I think i am a frustrated artist.

    Kisses,
    Bex
    Personal Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! Such a wonderful artist and designs, love them all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of Danny Roberts before. Love the artwork. Thanks for sharing.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Preciosas ilustraciones!!
    Saludos
    http://judithbysucre.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love the first illustration, for some reason it makes me think of Wildfox!? Gorgeous.

    Tara
    www.thestylerawr.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that one too - it's gorgeous! xxx

      Delete
  9. Wow I love them all! Just gorgeous!! Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow these are awesome, particularly like the last one, thanks for sharing this work :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw, yes I love the colours in that one! xxx

      Delete
  11. Awesome! love your illustrations also!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore his illustrations, too. Always so beautiful and striking. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow these are great, I will check them out!
    Love your cat background!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful work. I especially love the last. :)

    mycrushcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is amazing, such talent. Love the background of your blog also.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never seen his work before, it's gorgeous! I love the Kate Moss one especially xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for featuring him! I've reblogged a lot of his work on tumblr and it's great to know his name now that way I can Google his work whenever. (:

    ReplyDelete