Thursday 6 November 2014

Jim Noir Commemorative Album Art

A couple of days ago Jim asked me if I could make a little poster to celebrate the release of his new album 'Finnish Line' which was released on Monday. I based my illustration on the original album art and it features most of the same characters with a similar colour palette! I'm really happy with how this turned out in the end. It reminds me of a family that might appear in a vintage childrens book. 

Did you all have a nice Bonfire Night? There was an international market in town, so my boyfriend and I had a wander around and bought some Italian chocolate (not very traditional of us!). 

C xxx

6 comments:

  1. Wow Carly this is seriously beautiful! I feel like your illustrative style has evolved so much recently! I really like how you are incorporating textures into your work. Ooo Italian chocolate sounds nice! Glad that you enjoyed Bonfire night! :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Philippa! I've really been pushing hard lately to refine my style so that means a lot :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Carllllllly, I love your new layout - and design! It's amazing :D I love the portrait you did of yourself too xxxx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I really love the color palette, usually when I see palette's like this the art is usually on the sad side so I like how everyone is smiling :)

    onacruz blog

    ReplyDelete