Wednesday 17 July 2013

A Liebster from Marta

I hope you are all having a good week so far and surviving the so-called 'heatwave'. A couple of days ago my blogging pal Marta was kind enough to award me with a Liebster! I have had this award a little while ago, but I think it is a nice way to find out a little more about blogger's, especially if they are fairly new or perhaps people like me who don't usually post much personal content. 

The rules are:

- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
- Pick 11 bloggers with under 200 followers to be nominated.
- Come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Notify your nominees.


I often think the rules are a little too rigid which is why I am going to be breaking them slightly with the people I nominate! I going to nominate the blogger's that I would like to find out more about (please don't feel pressured to produce a blog post though - it's only if you would like to!). 

Anyway, onto the questions that lovely Marta set for me. 

1. What do you enjoy the most about the blogging community?

There's honestly so many things I like about the blogging community! Primarily how supportive everyone is - so far I haven't encountered a shred of nastiness (I know this isn't always the case) but everyone has honestly been so sweet to me. 

2. Do you like to cook? If so, what is your favourite recipe?

I love to cook! I really enjoy trying new recipes, Marta has actually sent me quite a few to try out so far. Lately I've been baking lots of cookies, and today I tried making some banana and oat cookies and they turned out fairly well!

3. Who inspires you the most?

This is a tough one as I'm inspired by so many people. There's a lot of illustrators I really look up to, including people such as Danny Roberts and Wishcandy so I suppose they inspire me the most! 

4. What's your favourite song?

Ah, I don't even think I can narrow it down enough to answer the question! I love so many bands such as Radiohead, Alice in Chains, Garbage and lately I've been listening to a lot of soundtracks. My current favourite is the Dear Esther soundtrack (amazing game) and you can have a listen here if you would like. 

5. If you could wear just one nail polish for the rest of your life, which would it be?

This may come as a surprise, but I rarely wear nail polish! I hardly ever buy it and I'm shockingly bad at applying it - I find that it chips off really quickly and I just don't have the patience for it! 

6. Where would you most like to travel to?

As you may know, I'm extremely scared of flying so realistically I would like to explore more places in the UK. However, I would love to go to Florence or Australia if I ever pluck up the courage!

7. What's your favourite comfort food for those tiring and bad days?

I have a total sweet tooth, and I love sweets and chocolate - so cakes, cookies, pretty much anything with sugar! 

8. Describe your perfect Friday night?

I'm not really into going out much these days, I much prefer to chill out at home with some tasty food and maybe a film. I also like to play on video games if the mood strikes! 

9. Are you a cat or dog person, or neither of those?

I'm a total cat person as you may be able to tell from my background. Oh, and rabbits too! I love bunnies. 

10. Best book you've ever read?

I'm going to say The Secret History by Donna Tartt, it's certainly a book that's left a lasting impression on me. 

11. What's your favourite hair product?

This is an easy one to answer, thanks to Marta my favourite hair product is coconut oil! It's so quick and easy to use and it makes my hair really shiny and soft. My coconut oil has actually melted inside the tub due to the insane heat!

The blogger's I would like to nominate are:

Emily Jane from The Glitter Vixen
Mollie from Mollie Muses
Emma from Fab Head to Toe
Elle
Kate from Violet Daffodils

Here are my questions!

1. Where do you see your blog in one years time?
2. What is your dream job/career?
3. Which achievement are you most proud of so far? (in absolutely anything).
4. What is your favourite Summer makeup product?
5. Do you have a particular hobby which your readers might not know about?
6. Favourite high street/online store?
7. Favourite Summertime activity?
8. Which blogger/s inspire you the most? 
9. What is the most thoughtful gift you have ever received?
10. Do you have any Summer book recommendations?
11. Have you learnt any new skills from blogging that you feel are useful in other areas of your life?

So, that's it! I hope you've enjoyed reading my answers. Like I said before, there's no pressure to answer these questions and if you would like to adapt them a little, then that's fine too!

C xxx

6 comments:

  1. Aww you did it! I loved reading all your answers Carly and yes I could totally see the coconut oil coming on that question ahaha!
    Oh and I still need to send you a few traditional portuguese recipes too! xxx <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Aha, thank you so much Marta. Ah, yes I am a little predictable with that aren't I, but it's so good! xxx

      Delete
    2. It is definitely the best ahaha! xxx

      Delete
  2. Oh hey favourite. ;) Greetings from Barbados!! Such a cute little post.

    YES to number 8. <3

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw, hello beauty! I hope you're having a great time - I saw your amazing view, so gorgeous! xxx

      Delete
  3. The blogging community really is a good one - I've made so many friends through blogging, and I am always surprised by how kind and supportive readers are! I really want to read The Secret History by Donna Tartt book xxx

    ReplyDelete