Tuesday 23 July 2013

Inspiration: Julia Bereciartu

I have to apologise for doing so much random and sporadic posting lately, I've just been so busy! I promise I will have some new illustrations up soon. Anyway, I came across these pieces recently and really wanted to share them with you as I think they are all beautiful. Julia Bereciartu is a Spanish illustrator who currently lives and works in Madrid, and I love everything about her style. She works both digitally and with watercolours, and I think it's great to have that diversity. 






I know many of you are Game of Thrones fans so I thought you might appreciate seeing the illustrations of Cersei and Daenerys - how awesome are they! I love the details on each of the little dragons, it actually makes me wish I could have a miniature dragon as a pet! 

Are there any particular artists/illustrators you are currently inspired by?

C xxx 

17 comments:

  1. I don't follow any other illustrators so I can't say I'm inspired by any =x Are all of these just digital or also waterpaint? Love the GoT ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the GoT ones are digital and the others are watercolour :) xxx

      Delete
  2. There's something a little bit nostalgic about her illustrations - the first one is a little art deco xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing! I love the way she draws eyes - they seem quite wistful. xxx

      Delete
  3. love this its so beautiful!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't apologise Carly, I love this kinds of posts too, I feel like they are very spontaneous! And again you are introducing us to another amazing artist which is always good! xxx <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have been super spontaneous aha - I wasn't even planning to blog today! I'm glad that you're enjoying them Marta. I have a little landscape that I have almost finished and I hope to make an animated gif of it as something a little different. I was also thinking of doing some beauty favourites as you suggested a little while ago :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Love your posts like these, I don't know any illustrators really so it's nice to be introduced to some! I love these, I think the second one is my favourite xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw, I'm glad! I really love the second one too - it's so vibrant and interesting to look at. xxx

      Delete
  6. i particularly like the last one! really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the style of these illustrations!
    I've never seen Julia Bereciartu's work before so thanks for sharing this.
    I do like your blog so very much.

    Sej
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the style is lovely and fresh! Thank you so much Sej :)
      xxx

      Delete
  8. i really love the water colour ones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them all, really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh love those GoT ones! It's nice that she mixes it up with the watercolours. <3

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete